Welcome to SPOT (Supportive Parents of Transkids), a compassionate community for parents of transgender children. We understand the unique challenges and joys that come with parenting a transgender child, and we are here to provide you with the support, resources, and connection you need on this incredible journey.
At SPOT, we believe in the power of unity and understanding. Our mission is to create a safe and inclusive space where parents can come together, share their stories, ask questions, and learn from one another. We know that navigating the complexities of raising a transgender child can sometimes feel overwhelming, but you don't have to face it alone. Together, we can find strength, resilience, and unconditional love.
Through our support groups, educational materials, workshops, and community events, we aim to empower parents to become the best advocates for their children. Our dedicated team of experienced professionals and fellow parents are here to listen, provide guidance, and offer a shoulder to lean on.
Join us as we celebrate the uniqueness and beauty of every transgender child. Together, we can create a more accepting and affirming world, one family at a time. Welcome to our loving community at SPOT
First Congregational UCC
20 Oak Street
Asheville, NC 28801
1. Inclusivity: Embracing and respecting the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and identities of all individuals and families.
2. Empathy: Demonstrating understanding, compassion, and support for the unique journeys and challenges faced by parents and transgender children.
3. Respect: Valuing the inherent worth and dignity of every person, fostering an environment of mutual respect and affirmation.
4. Collaboration: Encouraging teamwork, cooperation, and the exchange of knowledge and resources to create a stronger support network for families.
5. Education: Promoting ongoing learning, sharing of information, and providing educational resources to empower parents with knowledge and understanding.
6. Advocacy: Standing up for the rights, well-being, and equal treatment of transgender individuals and their families, working towards a more inclusive society.
7. Confidentiality: Respecting the privacy and confidentiality of individuals and creating a safe space for sharing personal experiences and stories.
8. Positivity: Nurturing a positive and uplifting environment, celebrating achievements, and fostering hope and resilience.
9. Non-judgmental: Creating a judgment-free space where parents can share their thoughts and experiences openly, free from criticism or bias.
10. Growth: Encouraging personal growth, self-reflection, and continuous improvement, both as individuals and as a supportive community.